Settlement for Worker Death at Concrete Plant
After a North Charleston man was killed when he fell approximately 60 feet from an elevator he was working on at Holcim cement plant in Holly Hill, South Carolina, Yarborough Applegate attorneys helped his estate settle wrongful death and negligence claims for $20 million.
Settlement for Injured Louisiana Worker
Just days before a multi-week trial was set to begin in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, our team secured this settlement on behalf of a worker who was seriously injured on the job when she fell 20 feet from a scaffolding.
Amputation in Manufacturing Plan Settlement
Our client suffered a horrific degloving injury after his dominant hand got stuck in a press machine while attempting to find an air leak at a Pee Dee region manufacturing plant. After losing his middle, ring, and pinky fingers and undergoing multiple surgeries, the mechanic has been left with limited used of his thumb and index finger, relying on a prosthetic. Our attorneys established that an interlock device on the machine would have prevented the injury, leading to a $1M settlement for the man and his family.
Settlement Reached in Negligent Security Case
We represented a 28 year old female who was working the night shift in a secured power plant facility when an unauthorized individual broke through security gates, sought out the female and assaulted her causing a mild traumatic brain injury.
- Our skilled attorneys have deep knowledge spanning practice areas.
- Jury, non-jury, state, federal cases—we've litigated them all.
- No “big firm” culture here. We focus on you and your case.
- We studied in SC and we practice in SC—we know the state and its laws.
- Always responsive, always with an immediate plan of action.
- Handling only a select number of cases means we have time and resources for yours.
- We’ve recovered millions on behalf of clients. View Case Studies
- We’ve been recognized by top legal lists and given the highest ethical and legal ability ratings by our peers.
You Won't Pay Unless We Recover
You Won't Pay Unless We Recover
- We represent most clients on a contingency fee basis. That means we won’t charge you a fee unless we successfully recover on your behalf.
Perry Buckner was my attorney, and he was the right person for the job. He’s smart, talented, and competitive. I would take him over any other attorney—five stars.Leland R.
When I got the call that my husband was electrocuted and tragically lost his life while at work, I was in shock and didn’t know where to turn for help. I am so grateful we found Liam Duffy as our lawyer. He immediately stepped in during our darkest hour with a plan of action that not only helped us through all the fears and unknowns, but he quickly identified the responsible parties, aggressively pursued our case, and made them pay. Nothing will ever bring my children’s father back, but I am thankful that their futures are financially secure thanks to Mr. Duffy and the compassionate, hard-working team at Yarborough Applegate.Natalie P.
With David and his team, it never felt like business, it felt like family. Anytime I called, they had the answer. They put us in touch with doctors to ensure we were receiving the best care. David told us, ‘We’re here for you. We’re going to fight for you, and we’re going to win for you.’ They were and are here for us.Kerry Hernandez