Settlement for Victims of Tractor-Trailer Crash
Verdict for Claflin University Student Involved in Deadly I-77 Wreck
We earned a $13.1 million jury verdict against Archer Western Construction Company on behalf of one of the victims of a tragic wreck on I-77 in Richland County. The suit was brought on by our plaintiff, a Claflin University student and the lone survivor of the wreck. The hard-earned verdict was the culmination of years of work and followed a nearly two-week trial.
Settlement for Teen Victims of UTV Rollover
After a utility terrain vehicle (UTV) rollover left one teenage girl dead and another seriously injured, Yarborough Applegate attorneys secured a $10 million settlement on behalf of the two young victims and their families.
Amusement Ride TBI Settlement
We secured a $9.9 million settlement for 44-year-old mother two who suffered catastrophic injuries when she was ejected from a commercial recreational amusement ride.
Commercial Motor Vehicle Collision
A rear-end collision with a commercial motor vehicle caused catastrophic injury to our client.
Settlement for Man Injured in Tractor-Trailer Crash
The driver of an approaching box truck ignored a stop sign and collided with our client’s vehicle, causing him injuries that required an airlift from the scene.
- Our skilled attorneys have deep knowledge spanning practice areas.
- Jury, non-jury, state, federal cases—we've litigated them all.
- No “big firm” culture here. We focus on you and your case.
- We studied in SC and we practice in SC—we know the state and its laws.
- Always responsive, always with an immediate plan of action.
- Handling only a select number of cases means we have time and resources for yours.
- We’ve recovered millions on behalf of clients. View Case Studies
- We’ve been recognized by top legal lists and given the highest ethical and legal ability ratings by our peers.
You Won't Pay Unless We Recover
You Won't Pay Unless We Recover
- We represent most clients on a contingency fee basis. That means we won’t charge you a fee unless we successfully recover on your behalf.
My husband had a traumatic brain injury that threw our life off track. When you have a traumatic event such as ours, it is important to have people like William Applegate in your corner to help rebuild your life. We know to our core that William fought so hard for our family and left no stone unturned. He is amazing, down to earth, and so kind—on top of being a phenomenal lawyer. We still stay in touch to this day, and we are so thankful for all his help.Jessica R.
The seminar was devoted to sharing and collaborating on strategies for discovery, depositions, and trial and included a star-studded lineup of trial lawyers recruited by Duffy from across South Carolina and the country.
We are excited to mark International Women’s Day with a recognition of the women who strengthen the success of our firm each and every day.
We are thrilled to introduce our reimagined website to our clients, legal peers, and our broader Charleston community.
As 2022 came to a close, we had the pleasure of attending WakeUp Carolina’s annual fundraising breakfast, where the nonprofit sets the stage for the next year of operations and growth.
As 2022 comes to a close, we are reflecting on the seminal cases and community moments that shaped the last twelve months.
Duffy’s presentation covered our team’s strategic approaches that proved to be difference-makers in a recent workplace injury case.