Each year, South Carolina Lawyers Weekly releases a list of the top recoveries in the state reported in its newspaper. In 2018, Yarborough Applegate earned 8 of 25 cases on the list. The cases involved several automobile collision and dram shop cases, a negligent entrustment case, a backpay recovery and wrongful termination case and a premises liability case.
7. Yarborough Applegate achieved the 7th largest settlement on the list for a negligent entrustment, car collision suit. We reached a $6.05 million confidential settlement with the at-fault driver and their employer on behalf of our clients who suffered serious brain injuries as a result of the accident.
11. Yarborough Applegate secured the 11th spot on the list for a high speed car collision case where our client, who sustained severe injuries requiring a lengthy hospitalization and prolonged treatments, received a $4 million settlement from the at-fault driver.
16. Yarborough Applegate and co-counsel Kenny Berger received the 16th place for a drunk driving accident case resulting in serious head and neck injuries. A $2 million settlement was reached with the at-fault driver.
17. Yarborough Applegate achieved the 17th spot for a fatal crash dram-shop liability suit resulting in a $1.85 million settlement recovered under three separate policies. Further details of the case are confidential.
18. Yarborough Applegate and co-counsel Brett Woron received the 18th spot for a wrongful death dram shop case in which our attorneys recovered a $1.625 million settlement for a man who was killed after being ejected from the vehicle in a drunk driving accident.
19. Yarborough Applegate and co-counsel Amy Gaffney received the 19th largest settlement for a backpay recovery and wrongful termination case. Yarborough Applegate recovered a $1.59 million settlement for contract workers who were terminated from a nuclear plant without proper notice required by federal law.
20. Yarborough Applegate received the 20th spot for a tractor-trailer crash case resulting in one death and serious injuries. Yarborough Applegate recovered a $1.5 million settlement from three separate policies.
21. Yarborough Applegate tied for the 21st spot for a premises liability case in which our attorneys recovered $1.4 million for a client who slipped and fell on a golf course due to the conditions of a poorly kept bridge.
*Disclaimer: The settlements and verdicts shown here should not be considered as a description or characterization of the quality of the firm’s representation and in no way should be interpreted as a guarantee of a specific result or outcome of any particular case. As such, the reader should not rely on the cases below to develop any expectation regarding the value of his or her case.