Products Liability / Dangerous Products
Consult With Our Product Liability Attorneys
The attorneys of Yarborough Applegate have a reputation for successfully litigating product liability cases, locally in Charleston, South Carolina and in numerous states throughout the country, including North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Ohio, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee, and California.
We have achieved significant recoveries on behalf of people hurt or killed by defective products. We accomplish this by thoroughly investigating the details of your product claim, engaging the necessary experts to prove your case, and pursuing all of the available solutions to help solve your problem. To learn about how we can help you, please contact us.
5 Tips From Our Product Liabiltiy Lawyers
Injured by a defective product? Be sure to:
- Save or retain the product and any documents or packaging that accompanied it. Do not alter or modify the product in any way.
- Take photographs of the damage caused by the defective property whether to property or person.
- Identify as much information about the product as possible including the name of the manufacturer, model name and number, place and date of purchase and serial number.
- Obtain the name, address and telephone number of any witnesses.
- Do not discuss the case with anyone, and do not give any written or recorded statements about it.
Help For Product Liability Cases Is Here
A product liability lawsuit involves injury caused by an unreasonably dangerous or defective product. In today's society, people are injured by defective products in all walks of life. Whether on the job or during the course of our day to day activities, we are constantly being exposed to old and new products, and unfortunately, many of these products are defective and cause thousands of serious injuries every year. Fortunately, the law provides consumers protection from defective or unreasonably dangerous products, and the designers, manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers can be held liable for failing to design and build products that are safe for their intended use. Product liability cases we handle include:
- NAPA Firepots and Gel that have flared up or exploded and caused severe burn injuries.
- Automotive defects (defective air bags, seatbelts, car doors; SUV rollovers and car fires that result in paraplegia, quadriplegia or spinal cord injuries).
- ATV rollovers and Seatbelt failures (Yamaha Rhino, Polaris Ranger, 4-wheelers and other side-by-side ATVs).
- Defective tires (poor materials or manufacturing processes that result in tire blowouts or tire recalls that result in paraplegia, quadriplegia or spinal cord injuries).
- Unsafe baby equipment (defective baby car seats, swings, cribs and playpens).
- Defective safety equipment (unsafe filtration systems can cause asbestosis, silicosis, welding rod claims, and other life-threatening health hazards).
- Defective mechanical equipment (conveyor belts, elevators, boilers, forklifts, bulldozers, valves, and other defective machines and equipment that do not function properly).
- Defective tools (saws, sanders, lathes, etc. that do not function properly).
- Asbestos, Silica, Benzene and Mercury
- Lead Paint
Product liability lawsuits are inherently complex, involving engineering, science, design, manufacturing issues and product liability torts. The Charleston, South Carolina-based attorneys of Yarborough Applegate stand ready with the experience and resources required to evaluate and successfully litigate product liability cases.
If you've suffered an injury from a defective product, the product liability lawyers of Yarborough Applegate are available for a free consultation. Contact us at 843-972-0150 or complete our consultation form.