Verdict in Wrongful Death of Landscaper
After a week-long trial, a jury awarded $21 million to the family of a 41-year-old landscaper who died after being shocked by a South Carolina Electric & Gas (SCE&G) power line while trimming a palm tree in Edisto Island, South Carolina.
Settlement for Apartment Pool Drowning
We represented the parents of a 3-year-old boy who drowned after he entered an apartment complex pool through an unlocked gate.
A college student tragically died after going into respiratory and cardiac arrest during a routine wisdom tooth extraction.
Wrongful Death of Cyclist
A construction worker was riding his bicycle home from work when he was struck and instantly killed by a drunk driver.
Settlement in Suit Over Baby's Botched Delivery
Yarborough Applegate negotiated a $2.2 million settlement for a young woman whose baby was born with brain damage and later died. The doctor at the center of the case lied during her deposition, claiming she waited to deliver the baby by C-section because the 19-year-old mother withdrew her consent to have the operation.
Dram Shop Settlement
The firm won a $1.65 million settlement on behalf of a family whose loved one was killed after being ejected from the passenger seat of a drunk driver’s car. Yarborough Applegate pursued a Dram Shop case against two bars in Columbia where both the victim and the driver had visited and were over-served prior to the crash. Beyond reaching this critical settlement for the family in civil court, the firm’s discovery process revealed dangerous hospitality practices at both bars.
- Our skilled attorneys have deep knowledge spanning practice areas.
- Jury, non-jury, state, federal cases—we've litigated them all.
- No “big firm” culture here. We focus on you and your case.
- We studied in SC and we practice in SC—we know the state and its laws.
- Always responsive, always with an immediate plan of action.
- Handling only a select number of cases means we have time and resources for yours.
- We’ve recovered millions on behalf of clients. View Case Studies
- We’ve been recognized by top legal lists and given the highest ethical and legal ability ratings by our peers.
You Won't Pay Unless We Recover
You Won't Pay Unless We Recover
- We represent most clients on a contingency fee basis. That means we won’t charge you a fee unless we successfully recover on your behalf.
My family is so grateful for the guidance and counsel of Yarborough Applegate in the wrongful death case regarding my mother. Attorney Perry Buckner and paralegal Amy Johnson were the professional, supportive team we needed to secure justice. Perry is a knowledgeable professional and strategist who guided me every step of the way to protect my interests. Amy provided endless hours of professional guidance and emotional support. They have access to professionals in a variety of fields who aided our case. In a foreign landscape, grieving, I looked to them for guidance. They heard me when I said that the case needed to be about more than a potential financial resolution: I wanted to effect change in the nursing home landscape. I highly recommend Yarborough Applegate as your partner when you have suffered loss of any kind.Tammy L.