Settlement for Missed Pediatric Brain Tumor
Yarborough Applegate secured a $28.5 million settlement for a young man whose life was forever changed when a radiologist failed to identify a malignant tumor on a brain MRI. This settlement includes critical corporate changes by the corporate defendants to help eliminate this type of error in the future.
A college student tragically died after going into respiratory and cardiac arrest during a routine wisdom tooth extraction.
Settlement in Suit Over Baby's Botched Delivery
Yarborough Applegate negotiated a $2.2 million settlement for a young woman whose baby was born with brain damage and later died. The doctor at the center of the case lied during her deposition, claiming she waited to deliver the baby by C-section because the 19-year-old mother withdrew her consent to have the operation.
Settlement for Failure to Diagnose Pulmonary Embolism
This hard fought recovery was achieved for the widow of a 50-year-old man who died hours after having elective knee surgery. Before, during, and after the surgery, there were abnormal vital signs that should have alerted the doctors and nurses that the patient was experiencing a pulmonary embolism, but they dismissed them as anxiety.
Settlement for Medical Malpractice: Failure to Diagnose Cancer
A 28-year-old female patient went to her Primary Care Physician (PCP) because she was concerned about an unusual mole on her left calf. Despite the concerns of a pathologist following a biopsy, the PCP failed to counsel the patient regarding any abnormalities, perform a re-excision, or refer her to a specialist for further treatment. One year later, the mole had progressed into a Stage III malignant melanoma, giving her a 50% (or 5-year) survival rate.
Settlement for Medical Malpractice - Failure to Diagnose Cancer
This recovery was obtained for the children and widow of a 64-year-old man whose doctor failed to tell him that his chest CT Radiology report revealed a late Stage 1 cancerous tumor.
- Our skilled attorneys have deep knowledge spanning practice areas.
- Jury, non-jury, state, federal cases—we've litigated them all.
- No “big firm” culture here. We focus on you and your case.
- We studied in SC and we practice in SC—we know the state and its laws.
- Always responsive, always with an immediate plan of action.
- Handling only a select number of cases means we have time and resources for yours.
- We’ve recovered millions on behalf of clients. View Case Studies
- We’ve been recognized by top legal lists and given the highest ethical and legal ability ratings by our peers.
You Won't Pay Unless We Recover
You Won't Pay Unless We Recover
- We represent most clients on a contingency fee basis. That means we won’t charge you a fee unless we successfully recover on your behalf.
There are not words to express how phenomenal this law firm is. We had a long, complicated case and the attorneys of Yarborough Applegate won a life changing settlement for our family. They were extremely accessible to us any time we had questions and kept us informed every step of the way. On top of their knowledge and expertise, we felt they were truly personally invested in our family. In fact, they have continued to stay in touch with us after settling the case. Highly recommend!Shelly P.